This workshop is presented by
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sebastian Dendorfer and his Biomechanics Laboratory
of the "Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Regensburg" in Germany
would like to invite you to an
Intensive 3-day Workshop, 28.-30. September 2016:
Musculoskeletal Modeling and Simulation
Hands-On with the AnyBody Modeling System
The course will include a review and discussion of important theoretic background, but emphasis will be on practical skills to perform musculoskeletal simulations with the AnyBody Modeling System. The course will span several areas of musculoskeletal simulation from medical device development to ergonomics, sport performance, general biomechanics and academic/clinical research.
The course schedule will include:
Day 1: AnyBody Modeling System and Model Repository, Kinematics, Muscle Models/Recruitment
Day 2: Templates, Scaling Options, Motion Capture
Day 3: Advanced Models (parameter or optimization studies), Interfaces to other software
All days will be a mix between theory and applied hands-on modeling.
If you have further questions, please contact alexander.leis (at) oth-regensburg.de / +49 941 943-5291.
|09:00 - 10.00||Welcome and Introduction|
|10.00 - 10.30||Basic intro, Kinematics and Drivers
|12.00 - 13.00||Lunch|
|13.00 - 16.00||Inverse Dynamics
|16.00 - 17.00||Modeling (optional)|
|20.00 - open||Bavarian dinner (self-paying)|
|09.00 - 10.00||AnyBody Model Repository|
|10.00 - 12.00||Force Dependent Kinematics
|12.00 - 13.00||Lunch|
|13.00 - 15.00||Customization of models – scaling and morphing
|15.00 - 16.00||Interfacing with FEM|
|17.00 - open||Pizzas and crushing some models (optional)|
|09.00 - 11.00||Using MoCap Data – Gait|
|11.00 - 12.00||Open Topics
|12.00 - ca. 14.00||Validation and open topics
|ca. 14.00||End of Event|
Address of Event:
OTH Regensburg, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Rooms B202 and B213 (same floor), Galgenbergstr. 30, 93053 Regensburg
Travel to and from Regensburg
Regensburg can be reached by airplane, train or car:
- Google Maps to OTH / Google Maps to RCBE
- Regensburg is located at the crossing of A93 and A3 in Eastern Bavaria.
- The distance to Munich (airport) and Nuremberg (airport) is similar.
- There are parking lots at OTH / University of Regensburg, the parking situation in the Old town of Regensburg can be difficult, a parking guidance system is available.
- Most parts of the Old Town are pedestrian zones only. Make sure to park outside that zone and walk / take the bus.
- The destination in Regensburg is "Regensburg Hbf." (train station). You can book your transport with Deutsche Bahn or your own service.
- The Regensburg train station is quite central and in between old town and University / RCBE. Several hotels are located in immediate vicinity (Ibis, Hansa).
- Munich (airport) and Nuremberg (airport) are the right airplane destinations for Regensburg. Munich airport is bigger.
- From Munich, you can go by bus to Freising train station and from there to Regensburg train station. You will need a train ticket from Freising to Regensburg for that, which you can order locally or via Internet. From Nuremberg you can book your train ticket to Regensburg together with the Underground ticket you will need in Nuremberg with Deutsche Bahn here.
- Or (the most convenient possibility) you can use „shared transfer“ for both airports with Airportliner. They will pick you up at the airport (both terminals) with small buses and bring you directly to your hotel in Regensburg.
Regensburg, being UNESCO world heritage, has a lot of attractive destinations and many hotel rooms to offer. It all depends on where you want to be and how much you want to pay. The OTH / RCBE is south of the city center, so if you want to be close, you should take a hotel in the southern part of Regensburg. However, Regensburg being not that big, most hotels in the city are ok and nothing is really far away.
Map of Regensburg:
Some hotel suggestions (by far not a complete list):
- Ibis Hotel (10 minutes walk to OTH, 10 minutes walk to city center, on a quite busy crossing, very close to the train station)
- Hotel Orphée (very individual rooms with a great atmosphere in the center of Regensburg, take the bus / a taxi to OTH)
- Hotel Apollo (quite ok, 15 minutes walking distance to OTH (close), take the bus to city center)
- Hotel Central (please mention special code: "Biopark" to get a better price, very nice and newly built hotel, close to city center, 15-20 minutes walking distance or bus to workshop, close to train station)
- Hansa Apart-Hotel (quite nice, close to workshop, not far from city center)
You can find many more hotels on HRS – Hotel Reservation Service .
Please register online. Tickets are free, but seats are limited ("first come, first serve").